A perfect little Autumn dish this recipe combines some great flavours together with the sweet squash and pears against the savoury onions and the salty cheese. Delicious. Minimal effort required also, all you have to do is dice it, toss it and then put it in the oven.
- 1 large pear, sliced
- 1 small or 1/2 medium butternut squash, halved, seeded, and skin on
- 1 small yellow onion, peeled, root end trimmed but intact
- 1/3 cup (40g) dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 1/3 cup (45g) crumbled blue cheese
Preheat the oven to 205°C.
Halve, core and slice your pears and put them in a large bowl. Cube the squash and cut the onion into wedges and add them to the pears. On stove top melt butter, add sage, thyme and mustard seeds, cook until it begins to bubble, about 1-2 minutes. Gently combine with squash, onion, cranberries & pears. Season with salt and pepper and toss again. Pour into roasting pan.
Bake until pear, squash, and onions are tender and caramelized, about 45-50 minutes. Scatter the cheese over top and bake until melted, about 5 minutes more.