This is a relatively simple Carbonara recipe and creates a beautifully creamy dish perfect for any family meal.
- 1 large chicken breast, diced
- 1 pound Angel Hair (about 1/4 of a box)
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup (115g) heavy cream
- 1 Tbs extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 ounces (170g) thickly sliced bacon, cut into 1/8-inch dice
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (220g) of baby spinach, corsley chopped
- 1/4 cup (60g) sun dried tomatoes
- 1 cup (200g) freshly grated Parmesan cheese (3 ounces/135g), plus more for serving
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- Freshly ground pepper
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the spaghetti until just al dente. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup (120ml) of the pasta cooking water.
Meanwhile, separate eggs into a small bowl, whisk the egg yolks and cream.
In a large, deep frying pan, heat the oil. Add the bacon and cook over moderately high heat, stirring, until crisp, for 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until golden for 1 minute.
Add spinach and cook till wilted
Add chicken and cook for 5 minutes.
Add the spaghetti to the frying pan. Cook over a low heat, tossing, until fully coated. Slowly add the pasta cooking water you saved from before, beaten egg yolks and sun-dried tomatoes. Toss until coated with a creamy sauce, for about 1 minute.
Add the Parmesan and the nutmeg then season with pepper. Transfer to bowls and serve, passing extra Parmesan.