This is a delicious meal for two, perfect for that romantic night in. This recipe doesn't take long at all, only 15 minutes. If you want to change this recipe in a simple and easy way change the rice for pack of straight-to-wok noodles.
Serves 2. Takes 15 minutes
- 2 tbsp Groundnut Oil
- 3 Shallots, Thinly Sliced
- 4 tbsp Store Bought Spicy Thai Mix (Lemongrass, Coriander, Ginger, Garlic and Chilli)
- 4 Spring Onions, Sliced
- 300g Pouch Steamed Jasmine Rice
- 180g Pack Shredded Chicken Breast
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- Handful of Fresh Coriander and Mint, Chopped
- Drizzle of Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Small Handful of Pistachios, Roughly Chopped
Heat the groundnut oil in a pan over a medium heat, add the shallots and cook until softened and golden, stirring occasionally. Stir through the spicy thai mix and spring onions. Fry for roughly a minute. Fold through the steamed jasmine rice and shredded chicken breast.
Continue to cook, stirring, until the rice and chicken are piping hot. Stir in the soy sauce, then fold through the chopped herbs. Drizzle with sweet chilli sauce and scatter with chopped pistachios before serving.